Yard Driver - Trailer Moves
Yard Driver - Hudson, WI
Valley Cartage Company, Inc.
Reports To: Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY Valley Cartage is looking for a Permanent Full Time Primary Yard Driver based out of our terminal in Hudson, WI. If you are a new driver, or in the process of obtaining your Class A license, this is a perfect position for gaining some experience backing/moving trailers and gaining an opportunity to move into a permanent driving position. Hours will be 4:00PM – 2:30AM.
- This position is safety-sensitive and requires pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Safety is the number one priority.
- Monitor performance of your commercial motor vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order and in good condition before and after shift
- Perform safe, timely trailer moves – able to work independently and efficiently.
- Work closely with co-workers, supervisors, and management.
- Stable and growing organization
- Full time pay starting at $15.00 - $17.00 per hour and up based on experience + $1.00 Shift differential
- Overtime pay at time and a half after 50 hours.
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Long and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Recent certified Class A grads encouraged to apply!
- Valid drivers' license and excellent driving record/history.
- Class A license with CDL -preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift, push or pull +75 pounds.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly attitude within the company and with co-workers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to speak and understand the English language including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar
- Practical knowledge of the truck and its components, and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation
- Speak clearly and communicate with others to convey information effectively
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Write reports or logs and effectively present information
- Demonstrate the maneuvering of tractor/trailer in to and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances up to but not limited to 120 feet
- Support mission and core values of the company
- Be honest and ethical
- Be willing to work the hours needed to complete the job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl. The employee must occasionally have the ability to lift 100-pound cartons to a height of 4-5 feet and load or unload off the truck. The employee must frequently pull on a pallet jack with materials on it weighing up to 3,000 pounds. The employee is regularly required to drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may work from 10 hours to 14 hours per day
WORKING CONDITIONS The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job the employee will regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions. This also means the employee is regularly required to drive in all sorts of weather. The employee is required to drive tractors with and without air conditioning. The employee is required to travel in busy and congested roads and highways. The employee is also subjected to noise and to being around tractors, trailers, and forklifts as well as various other material moving machines.
If you share our core values of Fun, Integrity, Service, Honesty, Passion, Innovation, Excellence and SAFETY then this is the opportunity for YOU!