AM Dock Worker
AM Dock Worker - Hudson, WI
Valley Cartage Company Inc.
Reports To: Platform Supervisor
Department: Operations - Day or Night
Classification: Hourly; M-F 4:00AM-2:00PM
JOB SUMMARY The Platform Associate will be assigned loading, checking, and unloading of less than truckload freight shipments in a fast-paced environment. Additional maintenance items like sweeping out trailers, stacking pallets, data entry, manifesting of freight, and other general assigned duties are a part of the job. The warehouse is not climate controlled. Valley Cartage has a fleet of electric forklifts which are quiet and clean.
- OSHA – Platform Equipment
- Platform Capacity
- Platform Accuracy
- Platform Claims
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred background in warehouse work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Pre-employment drug and physical test
- English language including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar.
- Process good housekeeping skills
- Sweep out trailers
- Speak clearly and communicate with others and convey information effectively
- Interpret a variety of instructions; written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Operate a non-motorized pallet jack
- Must be forklift certified per OSHA regulations
- Perform operation and safety check including battery, breaks, lift controls, fluids, and fire extinguisher prior to using equipment
- Sign off on daily equipment check list certifying everything is in good operating condition
- Proper handling of hazardous materials as it pertains to bills of lading, freight bills, placarding, employee training and accidents
- Dependability, reliability, and maturity to handle equipment in a safe and sensible manner
- Support mission and core values of the company
- Stable and growing organization
- Full time pay starting at $15.00 per hour and up based on experience.
- Overtime pay at time and a half after 50 hours.
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Long and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl. The employee must occasionally have the ability to lift 100-pound cartons to a height of 4-5 feet and load or unload off the truck. The employee must frequently pull on a pallet jack with materials on it weighing up to 3,000 pounds. The employee is regularly required to drive a forklift. The employee may work from 10 hours to 14 hours a day as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job the employee will regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions. This also means the employee is regularly required to drive in all sorts of weather. The employee is required to drive tractors with and without air conditioning. The employee is required to travel in busy and congested roads and highways. The employee is also subjected to noise and to being around tractors, trailers, and forklifts as well as various other material moving machines.
If you share our core values of Fun, Integrity, Service, Honesty, Passion, Innovation, Excellence and SAFETY then this is the opportunity for YOU!