Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative - Lake Elmo, MN
Report To: Customer Service Supervisor Department: Supply Chain Logistics
*NOTE: This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Customer Service role is responsible for interacting with customers via phone and email, providing information in response to inquiries about services as well as offering additional transportation solutions, handling incoming orders and working holistically as a team to establish and maintain customers by ensuring customer satisfaction and continued business relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PERFORMANCE METRICS ( include but not limited to):
- Interact with customers via telephone, email and/or in person in a polite and courteous way;
- Take orders, track and trace shipments and follow up;
- Offer additional transportation solutions on every interaction;
- Data entry is performed accurately, timely and efficiently;
- Records customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as action taken;
- Ensure phones are answered promptly and efficiently without dropped calls;
- Return calls are handled in a timely manner;
- All emails are responded to immediately;
- Assist customers inquiring on the current status of shipments and maintain communication with other departments for order completion;
- Follow procedures for specific watch accounts in accurate, timely and efficient manner;
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting for watch accounts;
- Assist with onboarding of new customers with proactive customer communication;
- Manage existing relationships to maintain customer satisfaction and retention within a set territory;
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services, building rapport, explaining product and service capabilities and overcoming objections;
- Understand the lanes within specific territory;
- Communicate effectively with all necessary parties both internally and externally by having excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
CORE VALUES :
The Customer Service applicant is expected to adhere to the Valley Cartage core values of: Fun, Integrity, Serves, Honesty, Passionate, Innovative, Excellence, and above all Safety.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school required; College preferred.
- 1 year previous experience in an office setting preferred.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY:
- Learned knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to speak and understand the English language including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar;
- Practical knowledge of phone etiquette, clerical procedures, managing files and records retention, customer service and sales skills to effectively accomplish duties.
- Speak clearly and communicate with others and convey information effectively;
- Maintain composure with customers keeping emotions in check even in difficult situations, keeping a good-natured and cooperative attitude;
- Calculate basic figures and amounts;
- Solve practical problems, make good decisions and deal with a variety of situations where only limited time exists;
- Multi-task while paying careful attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks;
- Work independently and be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Support mission and core values of the company;
- Be honest and ethical;
- Efficiently manage time by being highly self-disciplined and goal-oriented;
- Be willing to work hours needed to complete the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing duties of this job the employee will regularly sit at a desk for periods of time and will work in an office setting. The employee may be subjected to noise.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year