Class A Linehaul Truck Driver - Home Daily
Class A Linehaul Truck Driver - Mankato, MN
Valley Cartage Company, Inc.
Reports To: Operations Manager
JOB SUMMARY The Linehaul Driver is responsible for driving routes in the regional area of Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa to transport, pick-up and deliver general commodities. Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of commercial motor vehicle. Complete and submit vehicle condition reports at the end of each shift. Secure receipts for loads dropped off or loads received.
- This position is safety-sensitive and requires pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Safety is the number one priority and consideration in driving and delivery especially during the busiest and most stressful times
- Monitor performance of your commercial motor vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order and in good condition before and after shift (pre-and post-trip inspections)
- Deliver to destinations ensuring supplies are properly transported from one location to another, while understanding most efficient route to reach the end stop
- Ensure proper load securement prior to and during transportation
- Maintain proper cleanliness of interior and exterior of the truck at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Minimum 2 years or equivalent of commercial truck driving experience
- No more than two moving violations or accidents within the most recent 36-month period as verified by a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- No DWI convictions, suspensions, or revocations of license due to moving violations or accidents
- Valid DOT medical card
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Learned knowledge in FMSCA and DOT regulations, with particular attention to HazMat
- Ability to speak and understand the English language including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar
- Practical knowledge of the truck and its components, and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation
- Speak clearly and communicate with others to convey information effectively
- Calculate basic figures and amounts
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited time exists
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Write reports or logs and effectively present information
- Demonstrate the maneuvering of tractor/trailer in to and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances up to but not limited to 120 feet
- Read and comprehend a street atlas or utilize GPS effectively
- Work independently and be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations
- Support mission and core values of the company
- Be honest and ethical
- Be willing to work the hours needed to complete the job
- Stable and growing organization
- Full time pay starting at $20.00 per hour and up based on experience.
- Overtime pay at time and a half after 50 hours.
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life, Long and Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl. The employee must occasionally have the ability to lift 100-pound cartons to a height of 4-5 feet and load or unload off the truck. The employee must frequently pull on a pallet jack with materials on it weighing up to 3,000 pounds. The employee is regularly required to drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may work from 10 hours to 14 hours per day
If you share our core values of Fun, Integrity, Serves, Honesty, Passionate, Innovative, Excellence and SAFETY then this is the opportunity for YOU!