Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive - St. Cloud, MN
Valley Cartage Company Inc.
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Executive for our La Crosse Terminal to help with the prospecting, relationship building, and negotiation of the transportation services.
- Drive sales to and achieve budgeted sales goals in territory
- Maintains daily contact with customers/carriers to respond to their issues and problems to keep positive customer relationships
- Prepare reports on the competition and market conditions as to the supply and demand and present to management
- Order point of sale material
- Call accounts and conduct sales presentations
- Manage web-based order entry systems and create sales orders for customers
- Ensure proper pricing on invoices
- Assist the sales manager in the development of customer's category management projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Social facility - comfortable meeting new people and building networks with people at all levels in an organization as well as interfacing with the public
- Persuasive - convince others to change their minds/behavior by providing compelling advice or information. Be able to "sell" an idea, product or action
- Communication - express ideas clearly in both written and verbal correspondence, listen effectively, and share information appropriately with persons inside and outside the organization
- Critical thinking - use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Resilient - able to cope with rejection and persist on a task or project despite challenges or set-backs
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Supply Chain, Sales, Business
- Strong interest in selling, logistics, business development, management
If you share our core values of Fun, Integrity, Serves, Honesty, Passionate, Innovative, Excellence and SAFETY then this is the opportunity for YOU!